Author Topic: What got you started?  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Bicepfun10

What got you started?
« on: August 16, 2018, 09:37:41 pm »
Do you have a crystallizing memory of the first time you figured out - wow I really appreciate female muscle?  Mine was seeing Tanya Knight on American Gladiators.  I was watching her while everyone else was enjoying the contest
https://i.imgur.com/ZeXtECr.jpg

Offline ra5cvigi

• Veteran Member
Re: What got you started?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 02:36:38 pm »
Crystallizing memory is a good way to say it. For me it was early days of web surfing using dial up, maybe 1997. I had seen pics and shows on TV with female bodybuilders
previously, but this day was different. Went to a site, believe it was a college student personal website. Had pics of various things guys enjoy, cars, sports, and women.
After taking ten minutes or so for all the images to load, there were pics of female bodybuilders. There were two or three images of Becky Rampey. My jaw hit the floor
when I saw her, and I knew right then and there that was a game changing moment in my life. This was before google and not even certain I knew much about searching back then.
Am really glad I stumbled upon that website, and I've never looked back.

Offline Actaeon

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 05:13:26 pm »
I can almost pinpoint it - the 1988 Women's World Bodybuilding Championship from Nice.
It was a real Who's Who - speaking of Tanya Knight, it had her, Janice Ragain, Marjo Selin, Dominique Darde, and a lot of other great ones.

Offline taoschild101

• Veteran Member
    • Muscle Love
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 09:14:34 pm »
Two things.  One was a penthouse with a curiously muscular model which led me to check out a female bodybuilding contest on ESPN and saw Krista Anderson who looked very much like Farrah Faucet who was on my wall. She was Farrah with muscle and I remember coming instantly to attention.  That was it for me. I had to have muscle after that.  I remember Becky Rampey - man she was hot too.

Offline SimpleWonderland

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 03:52:08 am »
No I don't remember, because it was so long ago...

Offline taoschild101

• Veteran Member
    • Muscle Love
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 12:53:03 pm »
oh and the real story before I saw girls on tv I described in a story I wrote:
http://saradas.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=99eu22tfd31j8ccts0bco10i53&topic=500457.0

Offline JimmyWallen

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 03:17:22 am »
I just went to the gym... And saw her... It was a pretty muscular girl about 30yo.. After this I feel a craving for such girls because i think it's more beautiful than non sporty

Offline Bicepslynn

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 05:31:46 pm »
Do you have a crystallizing memory of the first time you figured out - wow I really appreciate female muscle?  Mine was seeing Tanya Knight on American Gladiators.  I was watching her while everyone else was enjoying the contest
https://i.imgur.com/ZeXtECr.jpg
Tonya Knight, not Tanya?

Offline mariobkei

• Email
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 06:55:55 am »
oh and the real story before I saw girls on tv I described in a story I wrote:
http://saradas.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=99eu22tfd31j8ccts0bco10i53&topic=500457.0

your story was fantastic. Great job, and congrats on the books

Offline Centaurcat

• Email
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 02:14:48 pm »
For me it was a couple things. I was in high school, and my school's gymnastics team trained at the gym and I would just seat and watch the girls perform their exercises. But, there was a special one. She was older than the rest - probably 18 and had the typical pro gymnast physique, short and lean but very muscular. Just watching her doing handstand pushups... did I mention she was quite cute as well? Well, that was my first tantalizing moment.
The second one, the definitive, was "Getting Physical", the 1984 made-for-tv movie featuring Alexandra Paul and many of that era's best fbbs.
I made a betamax copy of that and kept it dear to my heart for years. The rest is history.

Offline shantzy

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 12:35:39 am »
1979 - I was 13 years old and Laura Combes appeared on "Real People"... wow!  Though it would be a few more years until puberty struck, the seed was sown here.

Offline fluxor

• Email
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 03:01:05 pm »
Certainly American Gladiators, the first run of it. I think it was re-runs when I caught it though.

Offline LordLucan

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 01:26:51 am »
I've always been into girls who are curvy/bigger, but about 15 years ago I went out with a girl who was like this but also happened to be amazingly strong. When we were in bed she would pin me down and I had no hope at all of getting out from under her. She worked on a building site, and had a reputation for being stronger than a lot of the guys that she worked with. She would carry 2 x 25kg bags of sand/cement at once like most people carry a carton of milk.

I remember once her helping me lay a patio in my garden. The big 2' x 2' slabs (which weigh about 30kg each) were on a pallet out the front. She carried 2 at a time round to the back garden. I was amazed by this and very turned on. Ever since then I've had a big thing for strong girls (but not necessarily overtly muscular).

Offline mikiek20001

• Email
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 10:39:51 pm »
1979 - I was 13 years old and Laura Combes appeared on "Real People"... wow!  Though it would be a few more years until puberty struck, the seed was sown here.

...same for me, although i was 23 instead of 13...

Offline Noswal

• Email
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2019, 02:31:58 pm »
Mine too was 1997 when I got my 1st computer.
I was already into toned women having seen one @ a wedding I attended, she was wearing a slinky backless summer dress & loved the way her toned back moved when dancing.

So when I got my 1st computer I was on a search engine-pre Google I reckon & was searching for toned women in bikinis when a photo of a muscled woman in a bikini came up- BOUNG!!- instant wood!.
Never looked @ anything else after that-I'm totally addicted!!  ;D ;D